Friday 31 August 2012

Because she is a girl?

I was going to blog about how great a job I did of re-spraying my son's bike for my daughter. I did do a good job because she tells me that I am the greatest dad in the world.

Instead though after a short discussion I have changed my emphasis from the bike to the bike's colour.
As you can see it was blue.  That is the bike after I stripped it down, primed it and finished it.




 The bike is now Purple with half red forks and her name on the down tube.

Why not leave it blue, because she is a girl? No. Because she does not like blue.  She is hot on purple.
She used to like blue and had toys in blue and clothes in blue. Once upon a time at nursery my son liked pink, he even painted in pink a bird house they made.

We never forced any colours on them and they have come out loving blue for my son and pink, now purple/red for my daughter.  Colours they chose and are happy with.

Also proud of my nifty re-spraying work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...