Thursday 29 March 2012

Time to Retire

My colleague is retiring and his last day in the office is tomorrow.  Although I have only worked with him for the past 3.5 years, we have become rather close and I admit I will definitely miss him.

I will be giving his leaving speech, the first retirement speech I will have ever done.  Have to admit I feel rather nervous but also looking forward to it.

I have also with the undercover help of his wife managed to get a number of photos of him, showing him over the years and taking in his many hobbies, including sailing, playing music and morris. These will be printed and around the office tomorrow along with a photo slides of him to show later in the day.

I will miss his many stories but I have gained a sense of how much can be achieved and personally how much you can be involved with to give real meaning to the fullness of life, once the kids are all grown up.

As he is so fond of his Morris, as tribute to him a linky to the Kennet Morris Men -
https://www.facebook.com/KennetMorrisMen
http://www.kennetmorrismen.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...